Intensive Behavioural Intervention (IBI)
Intensive treatment is based on the scientific principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). Developed for young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), IBI targets a broad range of skills, such as communication, play and social development, self-help/independence, and pre-academic skills through one-to-one and small group instruction.
IBI requires a diagnosis of ASD and a service level of at least 24 hours per week for a minimum of 48 weeks. For ABA – based services which do not require a diagnosis and are available at fewer hours per week and/or fewer weeks in duration – see Individual Behavioural Treatment.
IBI may be delivered in our clinic-based location, at home, or in a school environment*
*the availability of school-based treatment is dependent on the School Board and Principal of the School.
- Assessment of your child’s current strengths and needs related to the goal(s) you have identified
- Individualized Behaviour Support Plan and programs addressing a broad range of developmental areas and delivered by a qualified behavioural clinician through an intensive teaching approach
- Ongoing curriculum and behavioural assessments of your child’s strengths and needs
- Parent/Caregiver Training during treatment sessions to facilitate success outside of treatment
- Ongoing supervision of your child’s treatment by a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)
- Progress Summary Report outlining progress and recommendations for follow-up