Functional Behavioural Assessment
Using the scientific principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Functional Behavioural Assessment (FBA) helps to identify the reasons behind complex behaviour issues. FBA aims to identify and describe the problem or target behavior and identify the factors that contribute to it (i.e. the events that immediately precede the behavior), which set the stage for it, and the consequences that follow the behavior, which reinforce it. The FBA can be used for the development of Behaviour Intervention, Safety, or Individual Education Plans.
All aspects of a FBA are delivered and/or supervised by a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA).
Assessments will be scheduled at home or at other locations in the community.
- Parent/Caregiver Interview
- Observation and assessment of the problem behaviours including the time, place, and severity of challenging behaviors in order to understand patterns that result in the behaviour
- Assessment of the child’s preferences for reinforcement of specific behaviours
- Recommendations for teaching and reinforcing alternative behaviors and skills
- If appropriate the FBA can include Functional Analysis which tests the reasons behind the behaviours identified in the FBA through structured observation by the BCBA
Need help choosing the services that are most appropriate for your family?
Contact us today for your FREE Introductory Consultation
1-888-616-3456 x 200