Four Counties ABA Collaborative
Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)-based Services and Supports for Children and Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
ABA-based Services and Supports
- Helps children and youth with ASD develop skills in the areas of behaviour management/emotional regulation, communication, social/interpersonal, and daily living
- Provides education to parents/caregivers on how to apply ABA strategies to help their children maintain or generalize these skills
- Involves an assessment of the child/youth's strengths and needs (may include a functional assessment of behaviour)
- Services may be provided for 2 to 4 hours per week with some flexibility
- Involves between 2 and 6 months of service in either group or individualized sessions depending on child/youth's identified needs
- Children and youth 0-17 years (up to 18th birthday)
- Written confirmation of ASD diagnosis (Autism/Autistic Disorder, Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified, or Asperger's Disorder)
- Child or youth must reside in the Central East Region
How to Apply
For the City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, Northumberland, and Peterborough counties.
Parents and caregivers can call directly or service providers may call on their behalf.
For more information please refer to our ABA Collaborative Frequently Asked Questions.
The Four Counties ABA program is a Ministry of Children and Youth Services-funded initiative with services provided by Five Counties Children's Centre, Kinark Child and Family Services, and Tri-County Community Support Services.